$30,000 in Prizes
The grand prize is a fabulous golf and travel adventure for two from Ontario, Canada to St. Andrews, Scotland during the 150th Open Championship (aka British Open by many North American golfers) festivities. The grand prize is valued at $25,000 CAD.
The grand prize package includes:
- business class airfare for two people from Toronto or Ottawa, Canada to Edinburgh, Scotland and return, plus (if required) connecting flights for two people from a regional airport located within Ontario1
- spectator passes for two to all four rounds of the 150th Open Championship at St. Andrews, Scotland in July 2022.2 Winner has the option to exchange the Thursday and Friday Open Championship spectator passes for two 18-hole rounds of golf for two persons at historic golf courses near St. Andrews3
- $5,000 (CAD) cash allowance4
- five nights accommodation for two at the Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa located sea-side in Dundee, Scotland5
- private vehicle transfer for two people to and from the Apex City Quay Hotel for all events awarded as part of the grand prize
- all taxes and surcharges related to grand prize airfare, accommodation, meals, spectator passes, rounds of golf and vehicle transfers
The second prize winner will be awarded $4,000 (CAD) cash.
The third prize winner will be awarded $1,000 (CAD) cash.
1 International Flight Itinerary: Depart Toronto or Ottawa – Tuesday July 12, 2022. Depart Toronto or Ottawa – Tuesday July 12, 2022. Arrive Edinburgh – Wednesday July 13, 2022. Depart Edinburgh – Monday July 18, 2022. Arrive Toronto or Ottawa – Monday July 18, 2022. connecting flights for July 12, 2022 departure from Toronto / Ottawa will be booked to allow a minimum of 3 hours between arrival in Toronto and scheduled departure for Edinburgh. Return domestic flights from Toronto will be booked to allow at least 2 hours from arrival in Toronto or Ottawa to scheduled departure time of domestic return flight. Embarkation and debarkation airports for international and domestic flights will be determined by the Rotary Club of Kanata in consultation with the winner. Winner may request itinerary changes to extend the trip before and/or after the Open with the understanding that flight costs that exceed our budget will be at the winners expense. Expenses related to any overnight accommodation required in Ontario before departure or after arrival are the responsibility of the winner.
2 Spectator pass dates are Thursday July 14 through Sunday July 17, 2022 inclusive.
3 One round played at Scotscraig Golf Club near Typort; the other round played at Balcomie Links at Crail Golfing Society near the famous St Andrews. Play dates are Thursday July 14 and Friday July 15, 2022.
4 Cash allowance will, if necessary, be increased by Rotary Club of Kanata to ensure the total grand prize package value is at least $25,000 CAD.
5 Hotel check-in: Wednesday July 13, 2022. Check-out: Monday July 18, 2022. Hotel package includes full breakfast each day plus two 3-course dinners. All other hotel incidental expenses are the responsibility of the winner.